Roanne (Ph.D) is an international speaker, awarded author and social scientist.
Her reputation as a speaker is built on her ability to explore difficult topics with tremendous honesty, warmth, and humor. She is a researcher and storyteller with the rare ability to both inspire audiences and leave them with actionable change strategies.
Roanne enjoys working with event coordinators to customize her talks within the scope of her research. Below is a list of the most requested topics
- An anthropology of the future.
Scientists and futurists predict that consuming meat and dairy will be banned or taboo in the near future. Veganism is one of the last options we have to help humanity prevent climate change; it is also one of the fastest-growing social movements of the 21st century. Veganism is booming. But what will we eat, instead? What will we wear, do for a living, and how will we look back on our carnivorous history? Based on scientific research and dozens of interviews with futurists, trend watchers, lawyers, lobbyists, sociologists, historians, food experts, psychologists, inventors, vegan bodybuilders, influencers and farmers, Roanne outlines an anthropology of the future. She shows how norms, trends, and cultures in societies will rapidly change and introduces you to a post-cruelty future.
2. Productivity; Stressfree working; Timemanagement
- How to get more work done, in less time
- Why time-management is nonsense
- Dealing with overwhelm at work
- Developing a healthy relationship with digital distractions
- Understanding your personal high-performance work-cycle (and putting it into practice, immediately)
3. Creativity; Book writing; Finding inspiration
- Boost your creativity x 10
- Create, produce and make like a pro – even if you think you’re not creative
- Why passion is for suckers, and inspiration is nonsense
- 5 track-proven methods that will lift you up, when you’re down and out
4. Overcoming fears; fear and creativity; High-performance under stress; Reaching your Goals
- Why courage is a learned trait
- Courageous leadership in the office
- Receive insider-tips from the world’s bravest people, including extreme athletes, Inuit hunters, refugees, humanitarians and soldiers working in war-zones
- Do-it-at home: learn scientifically effective methods to overcome fear
- Develop actionable strategies on how to stay calm and focused in dangerous or severely stressful conditions
If you are interested in scheduling an event, please contact MVP management:
Roanne is an award-winning and internationally-published author, social scientist (Ph.D) and public speaker. She’s been doing research on the themes of courage, bravery and high-performance for nearly a decade. Now, she helps people from allover the world to live more adventurous lives, and to be super productive – without the stress. Her methods are evidence-based, her work is characterized by practicality and transparancy.
What others say:
‘Our largest event-space was fully booked after we’d booked Roanne to speak about the art of overcoming fears. The audience was amazed and thrilled!‘ (Patrick Baars, Marketing en Communicatie account manager NKBV)
‘Roanne gave a public lecture for our Better Future Campus, for 80 senior managers and corporate professionals. She spoke about courageous leadership with wisdom and humour – the audience loved it.’ (Michel Barth, managing partner Better Future)
‘The 200 people in the Museon thoroughly enjoyed Roanne’s story. Her knowledge and expertise are impeccable, and she is a passionate speaker – everyone was moved. We immediately booked her again! .’ (Diederik Veerman, curator Museon)