Roanne is a public speaker and inspirator on the themes of fear and courage. Her humorous and inspiring speaking style has been captivating many different audiences, from top-managers on leadership conferences to members of women organisations and university students. Roanne combines a scientific background (she obtained her PhD with honors on risk-coping and dangerous living) with authentic storytelling about her own life and work in the world’s most dangerous environments, and her ongoing, often hilarious experiments for Fearlessly Fearful; where she personally tests new methods to overcome fear. Roanne shows her audience how it is possible to overcome fears and learn to be more brave. She speaks on:
- Fear versus fearlessness – and does that even exist, a life without fear?
- The role of fear in different subcultures.
- Her own experiences of living in dangerous places: from an ice-cold Inuit hunter’s community to the slums of Jakarta to and from the subcultures of extreme athletes, to soldiers, refugees and humanitarians in conflict zones.
- How to live a life based on what you want, and not on what you dare (or don’t dare)
- How you can calm yourself down and perform at your best under extremely stressful circumstances
- Try this at home: the simplest scientifically-proven effective methods to overcome fear